Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mid August Around the Homestead

So it's mid August so I thought I'd share a few things that we've been doing around the homestead.



~Once a week baking - on the porch of course as temps have not been below 100 in quite a while.

~ 4 batches of soap made

~Canned some pinto beans for the first time

~ Organized all the pantry's and freezers

~Made a small koi pond

~Died our big pond blue (it's really neat looking)

~Doing some evening fishing

~Getting ready for a rummage sale

~Homeschooling (Started back Aug. 1)

~Lots of swimming
~Got my daughter signed up for dance class


That & probably more I'm forgetting. Along with making sure the animals don't run out of water. It's been a hot, hot summer with no rain. Most plant life around here is shriveled up.

I'm ever so ready for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment