Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday already...

This week has flown by for me!
On Tuesday I watched a show called "Extreem Couponing." Anyone else see it? Anyhoo...these people saved so much by using coupons. I'm talking like a bill over $600 down to $50. Another woman had over $200 and got it down to $6!!! So I started investigating. I've been looking online and in the sale ads but so far no super deals like they got. I must admit I'm skeptical about coupons. In the past it seems like most of them are for things we don't buy anyway like alot of boxed dinners, processed meats, etc. I do however usually use the ones for toothpaste & other personal care products. So I'm just going to keep an eye out & start collecting coupons a little more & see how I do.
I'm really working hard on getting things cleaned out & organized around my house. It seems like there are always areas that tend to collect junk around here. So this week I did get my desk area organized. That included going through old magazines, filing cabinets, & tossing (actually burning) old bill statements & things like that.
I also made up new lesson plans for my children for them to begin next Mon. Schooling is another area where I feel we are needing more organization. I found a really neat book with some art projects in it for Abby's history for the next few weeks. With my children being ages 16 & 12 they can do much more on there own. This has freed my time up some so I can work on my own projects more too.
I've also gotten a new meal plan made for my binder. I plan on updating that today.
It's cold & wet again...and very muddy around here so other than to feed the animals I really plan on spending most of our time indoors. Get a load of laundry done & possibly clean out the pantry.
Hope ya'll have a nice day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! We should be flybuddies! :)

    I LOVE couponing! You should check out my how to shop CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens posts. You can find them in my archives. You can definitely get your toothpastes, shampoos, razors, soaps, etc. for free!!

    I had some pretty amazing trips, but none like the Extreme Couponers you watched on TV. I usually only have 3-4 of the same coupons, which is ample plenty for our family to have a modest stockpile.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog! I just love the cute pig!

    Jennifer @ http://justpeachyindixie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete