Monday, October 17, 2011

There is only one TRUE GOD!

I have recently been exposed to some false or "half-teaching" of "preaching" For this I thought I would share this scripture. It is sometimes hard to tell what is true or not especially when it's coming through someone who is a leader is proclaiming to have a revelation of sorts. I have gone back to reading through the whole Bible again. Also if I have a specific question I look to the front of the Bible or go to a site like www.biblegateway.com There you can type in specific verses or key words and get some CORRECT info.
I also have a book that we use regularly for the children called "What Does the Bible Say About That?" a really great resource.
If someone, anyone tries to tell you something and cannot back it up with the word of God then I say move it along, and quickly...


Galatians 1:5-9
New Living Translation (NLT)
5 All glory to God forever and ever! Amen.
There Is Only One Good News 6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ.[
a] You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News 7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.
8 Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed
.

No comments:

Post a Comment