Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Green from the Garden

Now all nicely sliced up & put into gallon size freezer bags. I did keep out a couple for stuffed peppers that will be on the menu for tonight!
Stuffed Bell Peppers
4 bell peppers (or 1 per person depending on size)
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/2 lb ground meat (beef, venison, pork)
1 can tomato soup
garlic powder
onion powder
salt & pepper
In a bowl combine rice, meat, & spices. Mix well -I usually do this with my hands. Next stuff this meat mixture into the peppers. Lay them meat side up in a lightly greased casserole dish. Then pour tomato soup on top of the peppers. Put about 1/3 cup of water in the dish & cover with foil. Bake at 350 for about an hour.
We like this served with mashed potatoes & a tossed salad.

1 comment:

  1. Bell peppers are one of my favorite vegetables! Yours are beautiful! I attempted to grow some in a container on my patio this year, but they turned out extremely small and not too tasty.

    ReplyDelete