Monday, July 19, 2010

Un-fried jalapeno poppers

*Warning- if you like spicy you will make these often because they're really, really good!*
Amounts will depend on how many peppers you want to make. For this big tray full (about 20 peppers) is what I will give the ingredients for.
Un-fried jalapeno poppers
20 med-large jalapeno peppers
1/2 lb ground sausage
1 package cream cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
First, carefully slice peppers in half & seed.- Set this on a baking sheet or grill pan.
In a skillet brown the sausage.
Then add the cream cheese & stir until melted & smooth.
Then add the cheddar and mix.
Spoon filling into peppers.
Then either bake at 450 for about 15-20 minutes OR put on the bbq grill until peppers are tender & filling is bubbly.
Serve.
*on another note, be sure to wear gloves when slicing & seeding your peppers. I was canning some this year & thought I was being careful to not touch the seeds but about an hour after I was done, my hand felt like it was on fire! Really. I soaked it in milk, rubbing alcohol, etc and finally had to walk around with a ziploc baggy filled with ice to lay my hand on. So take my advice & wear some gloves. No gloves? Try baggies on your hands. Anything would be better than nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Those look sooo good! I love seeing all the pics of your cooking and your recipes. Hope yall enjoyed them!

    ~Tracie

    ReplyDelete