Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thank Goodness


Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality.
Beatrix Potter
***
Well, I have all of our materials ordered and most of them delivered for our schooling this year. We are mainly going to go by the guidelines set in "The Robinson Curriculum." I have done homeschool a few different ways in the years we have homeschooled. I have come to realize that no two children are alike...
There are things that have worked for my son, the oldest, that just did not seem to connect with my daughter. I've also learned that it's ok to let them learn at their own pace!
My son will be completing his homeschooling this year! Our plan is for him to take his GED at the end of the year & the for him to go on to college.
My daughter will technically be in the 6th grade but to be honest I've come to realize grades really don't matter.
While everyone needs to evaluate what they want for their children & should make their own choices, I will share what we will be using this year now that it's finalized.
***
Son:
The Robinson Curriculum (as a spine & for reading lists)
Saxon Math (with the teacher cd's) & GED math study book
GED Language arts study book
English from the Roots up flashcards & vocabulary words from RC
Science- will be suggested readers in the RC
History- will be suggested readers in the RC but focusing on American History
Also per RC he will do writing every day
***
Daughter:
Basically the same schedule with the readers for her ability & without the GED books.
***
I did also order a magic school bus science kit because my daughter really enjoys experiments. If it's good then we'll probably order another one or two during the year.
***
My son is really wanting to get a part-time job so that will basically be his extra curricular activity. I am hoping to get my daughter involved in GEMS.
***
~So that's the plan~

No comments:

Post a Comment